Microsurgery Department №1
90, Pushkin str., Ufa, 450008
1 Microsurgery Department
Phone: +7 (347) 286-53-03
Microsurgery Department №1- clinical division of the Institute with 60 beds. The Department is located on two floors (second and third) of the building "West" (Pushkin St., 90). On each floor there are post nurses, a room for medical procedures, a dressing room and diagnostic rooms. Cozy and comfortable wards for 2 or 3 beds. The Department employs 5 doctors, 1 of them is a Doctor and 2 Candidates of Medical Sciences.
The availability of modern diagnostic equipment, surgical equipment and trained professionals enables us to provide highly qualified specialized care in various eye diseases.
The main activity of the Department is the surgical treatment of patients with cataract, glaucoma, corneal diseases (keratoconus, corneal dystrophy, etc.), refractive surgery of myopia and hypermetropia of high degree. Every year the Department performs more than 3,800 operations of various degree of complexity.
Cataract is the most common disease in people older than 50 years, the only treatment is surgery. Cataract Suturuless extraction (phacoemulsification) is the most modern method of cataract treatment. The best clinics (90%) perform all operations by this method. Cataract surgery lasts 15-20 minutes and is performed under local anesthesia, sometimes only drops used and practically after a few hours the sight returns. There are no restrictions based on age or other diseases.
A radical reconstruction and re-equipment of operating rooms was carried out in 2013. Both operating rooms are equipped with supply and exhaust ventilation, climate-control, automatic doors, provided separation of patients . The operating rooms is provided with the modern equipment.
A combined laser platform, including the TECHNOLAS 217 P excimer laser system and the VICTUS femtosecond system, the Carl Zeiss OPMI Lumera 700 operating microscope and the STELLARIS Vision Enhancement ultrasound system are installed in the operating room on the 2nd floor.
As you know, TECHNOLAS217 P is one of the fastest and most technologically advanced lasers in the world. The system allows to perform different types of laser vision correction LASIK, FRK and FTK, namely:
- LASIK is a standard method for correction of myopia, hyperopia and andastigmatism;
- LASIK tissuesave technique allows you to keep safe the corneal thickness during correction and carry out the operation in patients with relatively thin corneas;
- LASIK aspheric technique greatly reduces the appearence of problems with patients' vision at night time after surgery;
- LASIK personalized technique (Super Lasik) is a vision correction taking into account the individual characteristics of each patient's eye for minimizing undesirable optical effects;
- SupraCor – vision correction for patients with presbyopia.
The use of TECHNOLAS PERFECT VISION system provides comprehensive screening, detection of hidden pathologies and the most accurate and safe execution of laser vision correction.
The VICTUS femtosecond laser is the newest system that provides performing operations on the cornea and crystalline lens as well. The system provides a personalized approach to each operation with simple management software CUSTOMFLAP, CUSTOMLENS, CUSTOMSHAPE and INTRACOR.
- CUSTOMLENS – a new procedure of femtosecond laser cataract surgery, which involves performing capsulorhexis, tunnel incision and paracentesis incisions for and conduct of the fragmentation kernel. Stage femtosecond laser in cataract surgery allows to reduce the dose of the applied ultrasound and reduces operation time.
- CUSTOMFLAP – creation of corneal flap in laser vision correction, allows to carry out delicate laser vision correction. Advantages of the system are reduced operative time, the possibility to obtain qualitatively new stromal cut, the possibility of freely determining the thickness, free choice of the diameter and position of the pedicle of the flap, as well as variable incision of the angle.
Combination of TECHNOLAS & VICTUS laser platform extends and increases the efficiency of refractive and cataract surgery, provides a continuous workflow for the surgeon and more efficient use of space.
Operating microscope OPMI Lumera 700 is one of the most advanced microscopes. A system of stereological lighting provides high image quality and excellent visualization of the smallest detail, high contrast, brightness and stability of the red reflex from the fundus. "RESIGHT" monitoring system of the fundus allows to carry out surgical intervention on the back segment of the eye. The Central management interface of the microscope and Callisto eye wireless foot control panel ensures maximum ease of use. The integration of systems of observation of the ocular fundus – RESIGHT, Intvertertube E and built-in camera are combined in the OPMI Lumera 700. The microscope is equipped with a USB port, the video monitor 22” and a video camera that allows to record operations' video with very high quality. Built-in assistant's microscope provides high rendering quality, its zoom can be synchronized with the main microscope or controlled separately. The Deep View system, RESIGHT, keratoscope with a wavelength of 610 nm and many other features provide tremendous opportunities in various fields of eye microsurgery.
In this operating room the staff of the 1st Microsurgery Department and the Research Department of Surgery of the Cornea and Lens performs cataract surgery, cornea and lens, refractive surgery. The modernization and re-equipment of operating rooms have allowed us to perform a qualitatively new level refractive, cataract and corneal surgery.
There are 2 working places, equipped with OPMI Lumera T modernmicroscope, and there is the ultrasonic surgical system Infiniti Vision System Ozil in the operating Department on the 3rd floor. Surgical microscopes OPMI Lumera T (firm "CarlZeiss", Germany) are the great specialized devices for various sections of ophthalmic surgery. Microscopes are equipped with Red reflex innovative lighting technology, which significantly reduces phototoxic effect on the retina of the patient. The function of the Deep View is the system for controlling a sharpness depth of the image which significantly improves visualization of microstructures. Integrated into the system microscope video camera MediLive 3CCD and Medialink system provide entry to USB and hard disk.
The reconstruction and re-equipment of operating rooms provided further intensification and surgical treatment efficiency of such significant diseases of the eye as cataract, glaucoma and corneal pathology.
Сataract surgery in the Department are performed by femtosecond laser surgery and ultrasound phacoemulsification with implantation of foldable artificial lens of different models, including Premium multifocal lenses that allow you to see at distance and near; toric lenses – correcting astigmatism as well. After cataract surgery vision is restored in a patient already on the operating table, but the stabilization of visual function takes place gradually over a period of several days to several months and depends on the presence of other eye diseases.
The Department performs:
1. Femtosecond laser cataract surgery on Femtosecond laser system, the VICTUS (Germany).
2. Ultrasonic phacoemulsification with implantation of foldable artificial lenses, including aspheric, multifocal and toric which were produced by the following companies ALCON (USA), RAYNER (UK), ABBOT (USA), VARTAMANA INTERNATIONAL Ltd (India), etc.
3. Refractive replacement of transparent lens with myopia and hyperopia of a high degree to a lens of estimated optical power, implantation of phakic back-chamber IOLs.
4. Surgical treatment of subluxation of the lens of various etiologies and ectopia of the crystalline lens with IOL implantation.
5. Intraocular correction with capsular-ligamentous defects as well as correction of unencapsulated aphakia – implantation of a posterior chamber IOL with an additional (to the iris, scleral or intrascleral) fixation.
6. Correction of residual ametropia in artiphaking eye (hyperopia, myopia, astigmatism) using additional pseudophakic IOL "Sulcoflex" RAYNER.
7. Glaucoma surgery, including microinvasive nonpenetrating intervention, combined operations in combined glaucoma and cataract; use of implants, drainage pipework etc.
The Department successfully conducted the treatment of various corneal diseases, including complex treatment of keratectasia:
8. Corneal collagen crosslinking in keratoconus, endothelial-epithelial dystrophy, marginal degeneration.
Corneal collagen crosslinking is performed at the initial and advanced stages of keratoconus . Therapeutic effect of the method based on the correction of the biomechanism of the pathologically changed structure of the cornea. Treatment is performed by using a private development of the Institute –"Ufalink" device and "Dextralink".
9. Implantation of intrastromal corneal segments and rings.
Implantation of intrastromal corneal segments Keraring (Mediphacos, Brazil) and ring Myoring (Dioptex, Austria) are performed for correction of myopic refraction and astigmatism (including in case of stable keratoconus and marginal degeneration of the cornea) . Implantation of intrastromal corneal rings is performed using camera Pocket Maker (Dioptex, Austria).
Epikeratoplasty – suturing the Biolens to the anterior surface of the cornea of the patient designed from a donor cornea.The surgery is performed in advanced stages of keratoconus with the aim of stopping further progression of the disease. For the manufacture of Biolens we apply to our own design and new world technology. Epikeratoplasty also carried out with refractive intention with a high degree of ametropia.
11. Endothelial keratoplasty (lamellar keratoplasty).
Posterior lamellar keratoplasty is the replacement to the donor material which is involved in the pathological process of the rear layers of the corneal endothelium while keeping your own front layers. This technique today is the "gold standard" in the treatment of epithelial-endothelial dystrophy of the cornea. Indications for surgery - primary and secondary EED of the cornea . Selective replacement of diseased corneal layers is carried out during the operation. The operation has a high optical result, no induced post-operative astigmatism, characterized by rapid rehabilitation of patients.
12. Photorefractive keratectomy for correction of residual ametropia after earlier epikeratoplasty etc.
Excimer laser currency is performed on the complex NAVEX firm NIDEK (Japan), which presented as a diagnostic device OPD-scan, microkeratome MK-2000 and the laser system EC-5000. LASIK and photorefractive keratectomy operations are performed both on his own cornea, and sutured donor corneal graft.